Sunday, January 4, 2009

A taste of things to come.

This evening I saw what most likely will be what I will be like in 10 years. I generally don't don't watch a lot of television or movies as of late. I just find it to be a tool of procrastination. With that said I bought the first season of Californication. I have never seen the show before tonight and knew absolutely nothing about it before my impulse buy at the devil store known as Wal-Mart.

One thing I have always wanted to do was write. I have known this from a very young age, and sometimes forget that I can articulate words together in some sort of way that people find humorous or entertaining. For those of you out there that like to blog and love to drink and have lots of consensual sex, this is definitely a show that you should be watching!

I seem to find myself at a similar crossroad to where the character of Hank Moody is. Minus the kid and ex-girlfriend, and I guess the fact I haven't fucked a 16 year old since I have been 18. Those major things aside, I have come to actually understand why I write. The truth is simple, (as are most things in my blog), yet somehow profound.

I write because I can. It's what I apparently should be doing with my life. I write because I'm entertaining and enjoy being entertaining. I also hold myself back as well. I tend to start things and leave them unfinished because I always think I can come back to them. This could be why I'm single. I walk away, and never look back.

The point I guess I'm trying to make with this particular post is nothing more but a challenge to you dear reader. Nothing hard or complex, but something that should be done by the both of us. My proposal is simply this: To go back and finish one thing in your life that you have left unfinished and finish it! It can be anything! Think of something that you want to accomplish and do it!

If there is a guy/girl you have a thing for but have never told them: Tell them! If you have an idea you have for a song but don't think you can write it: Write it! If there is a job you don't think you'll get but really want it: Make them want you! The options here are limitless. Rejection may be the result, but at least you'll have the answer!

As for my own challenge, it will involve getting an actual writing position. This will be a challenge because I have no formal indoctrination center validation, but I do have skills to sit down and write something people like to read. I guess that most of all is why I write.

-A. Warren Johnson

4 comments:

  1. yup you can write...and its a gift...
    but it goes more than you can write...its that, you want to express and there is more which you want to refine inside yourself by writing, its an art...which is which is beyond simple explanation...so is all art...
    i hope you achieve it...gud luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream big, darlin'. You are tenacious. You have moxy. Heh, and you aren't afraid to roll your sleeves up and work for what you want. You'll get there. Just keep working. Keep writing. Keep on bein'.

    <3

    Incidentally, the word verification tool just asked me to type out "adishipt" which made me think "a dish pit," which just made me laugh. I thought you should know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like the kind of show for me. ;P

    well all write for different reasons, but we all write for the same purpose.

    as F.Scott Fitzgerald said: "You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say."

    These are words I have taken to heart. I write as a release. For years I struggled with emotions. I would keep them bottled, filled with problems people had given me; and then some poor soul would come along and knock the cap off. That led to many apology letters I had to write.

    Then I found poetry. Better, I found I could write poetry. I found I could manipulate words into verse, I could spin them around, I could do whatever I wanted and the result was something I had never been able to express before: pure emotion.

    I write in the same way that men sit at bars and drink until they don't know the time of day. To relieve myself of troubles.

    Good luck finding that job. With your prose, I'm sure you'll find one eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your blog, and have been enjoying it. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.