Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Meeting a lady's parents.

This always seems to happen to me. I meet a lady and instantaneously they feel the need to introduce me to their parents. I have a very simple one word question: Why? I mean I can understand if your are going to spend a good portion of your life with a certain lady that you should probably meet her parents, but if she isn't interested in a relationship and you never hangout, then what was the point?

I hardly see my parents, why in the world would I want to meet yours? Don't get me wrong here, I love meeting people's parents, but you know after five minutes of meeting someone, I don't feel that inclined to meet the people who birthed and raised them. They haven't made a huge impact in my life in the five minutes. I'm sorry, it's just a fact.

Now if they introduce me to their parents while they are out with them, then that is completely different! I can leave at anytime and don't have to worry about making a good impression. It wasn't the express purpose for me to run into them, it was just a happenstance.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only guy that thinks this way, so ladies a word of advice: Don't introduce guys to your parents unless you plan on keeping them around for a minimum of 1 year, and guys, don't go unless you plan on being with them for the same amount of time.

-A. Warren Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.