Sunday, January 11, 2009

Celebrity E-Mail: Trent Reznor



Dear Trent,

How depressed were you when you were 25? The reason I ask is I've been into your music since I was 13, and I have noticed the rise from breakup album to anti-establishment as of late. I currently find myself working in complete opposite of your musical transition and thought maybe you could give me some insight on how I can get myself back to the state of anti-establishment. This depression seems to be lasting longer then usual, and frankly it sucks. I find no joy in anything and have been finding it harder and harder to produce anything at all that resembles a normal existence. One thing I can say for sure is that "Broken" seems to be the closest relate-able EP. Were you always as anti-establishment as well and found a happy medium between the two? I feel to young to feel this old! Goddamn your good music! Okay I take that back, I find it hopeful and it works as a transition. Anyway any insight you could give me would be great.

Sincerely,
-A. Warren Johnson

4 comments:

  1. If I still lived in New Orleans, I would print your post and stick it in Trent's mail box...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Aww! That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever been willing to do for me! I'm sure one day he'll stumble upon this blog eventually. He may like it, he may not, but for the most part it's all in good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he has Google Alerts installed, he will find it sooner rather than later, but then again he might not want to, as a celebrity. I know I wouldn't want to be spammed with mail containing links to posts about me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. True enough, but I never intend to send these out to celebrities. They are just meant to be fun jests at them. One day I'll have enough of them and publish a book, :P Then every celebrity can send me hate mail, Mwa ha ha ha!!! It should be a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.