Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Legacy

Lost and confused. These seem to be how I've been spending my days recently. My writing has become fruitless. Barren and stripped of everything that was once good. This flu doesn't seem to help matters any. If anything it adds to the agitation.

Feel the need to run, yet feel to weak to do it. That and the lack of cash makes running away almost unattainable. My ego has apparently outgrown my roots of this city. I doubt changing locations though will help much. Same types of people, same types of situations. The only reason to really leave is to experience some new life, and network.

Maybe that's the meaning to this digital age. To network and be heard. The only con to this however is the fact that everyone asks for help, yet they don't do anything to help themselves. They lash out at the people that care and I am no exception to this.

I also seem to be stuck in a story I'm writing. I don't know where to go! Some would call it writer's block, I simple refer to it as a lack of creativity. I also find it hard to get back into my head, reality has taken it's toll. The price has been paid by a gross lack of sleep, drinking and above all no creative output. Hence the recent posting about myself.

My legacy will live on after I'm dead. This much I know. It will take it's place by my dead heroes, and eventually my works will be collected into an anthology. The only thing that I question at this moment is what I will fill the tome with.

-A. Warren Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.