Monday, January 19, 2009

An apology for lovers.

Dear ________,

My love for you is undying and always will be. The cold winter nights have always been filled by the thoughts of you next to me. I take comfort in the fact that one day we will be happy, maybe together, maybe a part.

I can only hope that you find something to quiet your tormented soul, after all, we all are tormented by something. You have always brought out the best in me. I have never told you that, but I'm telling you because you should know. Even if we are a part, just know that I still care and will always care about you.

I feel we are stronger together than we are a part. I know that I can be unfair, self centered and spiteful at times, but you were always the one that could point out the error of my ways. I haven't even said thank you for correcting me when I'm wrong. I am sorry for that.

You also have the power to bring out my worst. I find it very odd that someone could make me so crazy, so angry, and most of all: So in love. Although you can be cruel and unkind I love you for your flaws. You are weaker in some respects, (like your excessive _________), yet that makes me think about my imperfections and ponder what you ever saw in me.

I'm sorry for all the times I argued with you, I'm sorry for the times you thought I didn't care. I'm sorry for making you feel like you were second best, that was never my intent. I just wanted you to know.

I'm not one to meddle in free will, so if you feel the need to go, know that I will miss you. I have never met anyone that could trigger this in me before, and probably never will again. All I have are my mistakes. Lessons learned, and you, (wonderful you), I have to thank for that. Maybe later in life we can get it right, or even in another. Things may be tough right now between us, but somehow we are still connected.

Sincerely,

__________

1 comment:

  1. Man, i love this so much. I wish someone would like right a letter like this to me, just saying sorry for everything, even if it is stuff thats so trivial. but yet expressing their undieing passion for me at the same time.

    i love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.