Sunday, January 11, 2009

The meaning of life: The rules we all must abide by.

I give up dear reader. I truly do. I have searched long and hard about what the meaning of life really is. I fold. It seems that being a decent human being doesn't count. Nothing at all seems to matter. What the fuck kind of world is this we all inhabit? If you actually follow this blog you realize two things, there is no God, and most importantly you can only count on you.

God is only a self reflection. Not that I didn't give religion a part of my life. I did. For the better part of my 25 years on this planet, I spent 23 of them believing in an ultimate being, however the last 3 have been spent in logic. Maybe that is my ultimate down fall. Ironically, (to myself anyway), I have believed in love. Let me tell you dear reader: It doesn't exist! I spent three and a half years in a relationship with a girl that left me to be with someone who is what I was like in grade nine, (with the exception that he makes more money then anyone in grade nine), now let me ask the most obvious questions here; What the fuck? What kind of God makes sure that this is possible?

Personally I think that Taoism is the way to go. It's not considered a religion, but it's teachings sure make a lot more sense then a guy in the sky that makes sure you don't get what you deserve, and if you do get it, (wait for the punchline), he sends you to hell! My God! That is hilarious! Don't you think so dear reader? The unobtainable obtained has a consequence.

Maybe it's just the wine talking, but you have exactly the same odds of achieving what you want in life as winning the lottery! Don't get me wrong here, I loved the girl I was talking about in the aforementioned, but I can't have her because it's against the rules.

What are the rules? You are probably asking yourself... Well, the rule are simple: If your happy, then it must be destroyed, by any means necessary. This is what the meaning of life is. At least to me. It just seems to be a vicious cycle. You need to give up one thing to become better at another! You can never multi-task like you can at work, no way, you need to devote your life to something in order to give the appearance of happiness.

Let me give you a little insight dear reader, I have given everything except the bare minimum to be a writer and have found that as much as I've given up, I am still a lonely husk of what I can be.

Choose the path that works for you, because ignorance is bliss.

-A. Warren Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.