Monday, July 13, 2009

Carlin the Chihuahua

Everything about him screams, "LOVE ME!" His big puppy eyes to his long, somewhat elfish ears. Naturally I am writing about Carlin the Chihuahua. He came into my care by accident. One day a friend showed up at my day job almost in tears as she came to ask if I wanted a little dog.

"OF COURSE I WANT A LITTLE DOG!!!" I cried with excitement. When I saw him I knew he was the best dog for me. First off he is hyper active and I have ADHD, next he likes to pee on things! Something I also enjoy, especially when I've had a few too many beers.

When I picked him up he shook and yipped as if I were dangling him by his hind legs. I knew right then that he liked me. He didn't say much when I first got him, something that has changed substantially since then.

He once told me that he wanted to be a super hero, but when I pointed out that whenever anyone comes to visit he just barks and hides behind the couch he soon re-thought this idea. His biggest ambition at the moment is to be a mathematician. I haven't told him yet that without opposable thumbs that he can not write out his equations. I think it would break his little heart and he is to goddamn cute to do that to him again.

For Halloween we're planning to go out as Paris Hilton and Tinkerbell. I think it will be funny as we are both male. Just to give you dear reader just how cute Carlin the Chihuahua really is I will end this post with a picture of the little guy.

-A. Warren Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.