Monday, December 8, 2008

Searching: What should we do?

So here I am. 7:32 am. Somewhat awake and writing. Usually I wake up alone, but last night turned into yet another drinking fiasco and I woke up with two girls. Nothing happened between us and I don't have the energy to create some elaborate story about being able to pick up women. Instead I'm choosing a much more interesting path, and I really hope my typing doesn't wake them up...

Have you ever noticed that inspiration strikes at weird times? Whether it be to write, create a piece of art or compose a piece of music. I have a theory on this and why it happens in the first place. It is very basic and takes no time to think about the dynamics. It just happens. Why is the question, because you stop trying. When you give up trying and just have fun with things you tend to be much more successful at things.

A case for this would be when I was offered an opening gig for a fairly well known industrial band. The best part was I didn't have one complete song, and I didn't have a band. Why was it offered to me? Because I wasn't looking for it. That's simply why! I never went out of my way to seek it out, it just fell in my lap. I obviously declined due to lack of:

A.) Talent, (Showmanship, musical knowledge, etc.)

and B.) Resources, (Ride, Band, no complete songs, that sort of thing)

This may have been a great opportunity to get somewhere in life, but at the time I wasn't ready for it so I missed out. However, if there is one thing I've learned through listening to bad popular music from the 80's, it's that there are lots of opportunities, and if there isn't, well you can make them. Funny that I hear the pet shop boys at work everyday...

Anyway the point of all this murky scrawl is that if you want something, stop wanting it. It will come to you. With that said, whatever it is you want may not be exactly what you are looking for. A good example of this deals with relationships. That lovely saying we all hear whenever we have relationship problems that end horribly. Sometimes it's hard to let go, but if all you really want is to be loved, then it will fall into your lap, but you may want to be careful not to push it away when it finds you.

Well I'm about done rambling. I'm going to enjoy some coffee and watch some youtube really, really, REALLY low so I don't wake up my company. Until next time, be free, have fun and join a revolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.