Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WoW! The great distraction.

Ahh, the wonderful World of Warcraft. A lot can be said about this game. For those who like it, well they are hopelessly addicted to it and no other mmorpg will do! They live and die by their toons. For those that make a career out of it... Well maybe it would be best if you got an actual job and some sunlight. Who knows, you may even meet a girl or guy! For those that loath it, well they just don't want the addiction and endless questing that goes along with commiting to this online enigma.

I try not to play that much, due to the overwhelming amount of social interaction I need to sustain my existance. With that in mind I seemed to have been emerging myself more and more into it. It's hard not to! It's not the gear or the questing I particularly care for, it's the social interaction dynamics of the game I like. Generally I only play with people I know in real life, it's not only more fun, but I am able to get some interaction with them without having to leave the house.

WoW also has another really attractive quaility: It's great for distracting you about real life matters. This is why I've been playing a lot more lately.

The new Wrath of the Lich King expansion I was really excited for, but didn't really get into it until this past week. It started out kind of slow, and a lot of the quests where recycled from the previous two games. However, the more you get into it, the more interesting the quests get and the more you want to know about the game! It's amazing how fast you get into it.

The biggest selling point for the game is one of the Horde quest chains. It's long, some of it is difficult, yet it is worth it! Simply put: Epic.

I'm not exactly sure what I was actually supposed to write about today. It wasn't at all focused on WoW, however I lost the original point, so I hope that this short and hard to follow blog gave you a little more insight into whatever it was I actually wanted to write about. Probably not, but one can always hope, right?

-A. Warren Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.