Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Accomplishments 2008

So its drawing close to an end. 2008 is almost a mere recent memory. It's about that time that we ask ourselves that one question. Rich or poor, the upper 1% to the homeless. What have I accomplished this year?

My ultimate goal is to write professionally. It's hard to set a goal and stick with it, but that is exactly what I am doing right this very minute! This blog is a part of a larger agenda, a stepping stone. It serves to re-enforce the idea that I can write. Although my grammar and editing skills are still a ways off, I can form words and shape them and put them in an order that makes sense and has a certain flow about them. I'm off to a good start.

I also met the most amazing girl in the world! Although she has no interest in me that way, we have become great friends. Funny how the world works... Apparently the group of friends I've been hanging out with a lot lately are now life partners. Not sure how long it will last, or even if it's meant to, but it's been nice having people to talk to since most of the time I'm a recluse and don't generally talk to strangers.

One thing I've been trying out and am still working on is just not caring. It feels good when I can pull it off, however, stress does tend to bring the wall of reason crumbling at times.

As for my New Year's resolutions? Null. I haven't got any because I find it takes more energy to think of them and not follow through with them then it would be to not think of them and let nature take it's course.

So this brings us back full circle. What have you accomplished this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.