Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Together Now" Excerpt 8

Warren was lying on the floor. He tended to do this whenever something really bothered him. He was already stressed out about selling a screenplay he wrote and Anne just leaving put even more stress on him.

He decided to go find her. It would be an adventure since he wasn’t very good at making his way around Los Angeles. If this were back home he would be able to narrow down exactly where she would go and head over to try and work things out.

He got up off the floor and put his shoes on. He was wondering where he should go. Suddenly it came to him! ‘Borden!’ He thought. He was the only person that they mutually knew! He would try there. Warren walked to the coffee table and grabbed the card with Borden’s number on it and left.

***
Anne and Borden sat at Denny’s drinking coffee. Borden seemed out of place, but Anne being Anne had insisted on Denny’s.

“So let me get this straight. Lindsay Lohan showed up to give Warren his keys, you over reacted to the situation and left?” Borden asked.

“No! I didn’t over react, Warren is the one that over reacted. If he wouldn’t have started getting mad at me I wouldn’t have left.” Anne responded.

“He just answered the door, after getting laid... I don’t see why he would be mad about anything.” Borden said.

“Well I may have started it a bit after he got his keys back.” Anne replied.
Borden’s phone began to ring.

“Pfft. It’s him. Don’t answer it.” Anne stated.

“I still don’t understand why you’re so mad. There is no reason to be. I think you really need to just talk to him.” Borden said.

Borden answered the phone.

“This is Borden speaking.” Borden greeted.

“Hey Borden. Is Anne with you?” Warren asked.

“Yeah, just give me a second okay.” Borden said.

Borden covered the phone and said to Anne, “Business call, I’ll be right back.” Borden got up and walked outside.

“Hey Warren, that’s some fight you two just had.” Borden said.

“Well I wouldn’t call it a fight. Anne is bi-polar. She tends to do this to me a lot. I don’t really know what I did wrong.” Warren confessed.

“Well she’s good, but I agree she is quite angry. She’ll probably stay at my place if I can’t convince her to go home.” Borden stated.

“As long as she is safe, that’s what I’m really worried about.” Warren explained.

“She’ll be fine. Get a coffee, go home and print off a copy of that script. I’ll see you tomorrow at my office and Warren, try not to worry about this. My girlfriend gets cranky with me at times. She might be able to get through to Anne.” Borden comforted Warren.

“Let’s hope so. Later Borden.” Warren said.

“Bye for now.” Borden said. He closed his phone and walked back inside.
“What did he want?” Anne seethed.

“To know if you were okay. Second of all he is just as confused as I am about the whole situation.” Borden explained.

“Well he shouldn’t be. He...” Anne started.

“Seriously Anne, you need to work this out with him. He cares about what happens to you and more importantly he made the decision to come here with no prior plan to try and make you happy and restart a life for both of you.” Borden cut Anne off and tried to reason with her.
“Why are you taking his side?” Anne asked.

“I’m not taking sides. I don’t believe in Heroes and Villains, I believe in the facts. The main fact being that even though you get upset with him from time to time, he’s still there for you.” Borden stated.

“I guess you have a point.” Anne replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.