Saturday, February 14, 2009

Why I love Christians

Christians are funny. I love them! The reason I love Christians is that they spread their message of love and forgiveness, and nothing spreads that message faster than signs that say: "Thank God for AIDS!"

The real kicker to this mixed signal is that not only do they stand by AIDS rallies with signs like these, but when they are called on it they say: "We don't hate homosexuals. God hates homosexuals."

Okay so accountability and morality isn't a Christian strong point. If I were to blame an imaginary character for my actions, it sure wouldn't be God. I would rather opt for Bugs Bunny. At least you know Bugs Bunny has repeatedly victimized Elmer Fudd!

Now before you go thinking I am attacking Christianity, let me state I'm not. I'm attacking the way certain sects of Christianity goes about spreading the message of God. I think that if these "Christians" want to attack people living with AIDS and not take responsibility for their actions, then they should also be attacking Cancer patients as well.

Please don't get me wrong here. I've read a good portion of the bible in my short time on this planet and no where in the fucking book have I ever read that Christians should rally against people with terminal illness.

With that in mind I want to say a hopeful prayer to all these loving Christians. This may look like I'm talking to myself, which I'm not. If anything I'm talking to you as well. Okay, here we go.

God that resides in Heaven. Please forgive your followers known as Christians. They know not what they do. Their actions may seem a little off from what your word the Holy Bible, (the King James version, not those other translated ones), has to say on love and forgiveness. They are trying to lead good and holy lives Lord by blaming you for their transgressions. In your name. Amen.

-A Warren Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.