Saturday, February 14, 2009

Revising my map

Hello dear reader.

It's been a while. I've been sick and haven't been to creative. I recently have started reading Stephen King's book On Writing. It's a great read! Although I am not one for Stephen King novels, his memoir on writing is well worth the read. It has made me actually want to relearn my grammar and editing skills so that I can actually sit down and write a full narrative in my own style, but in a way that makes it sensible and proper.

King brings up the fact that you can not make a competent writer out of a bad one. This I guess is true, however I find that my rants through writing flow much better than any attempt I have ever made to write a narrative. This is the reason I feel I should relearn the craft. I have the tools, I have the will, now I just need the blueprint.

This is a moment in life that I view as a re-creation period. In order for me to be better at this whole crazy writing thing I enjoy way to much, I need to relearn everything I thought I knew and revise my road map. This is part of the key to succeeding in life at whatever you want to do.

In closing I will leave you with a quote from one of my favorite songs. "Express yourself!" - NWA.

-A Warren Johnson

1 comment:

  1. To write a book. Write a single page each day. Every day. No matter what. No matter if it is snowing or rainy or if you are feeling blue. Write for a single year. 365 pages equals books.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.