Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'll miss you.

Death. It seems to be the final destination for us all. However, it is interesting to know that some people wish to remain anonymous after they pass. My grandmother is one of these people. I'm unsure how long she has left, but it is anywhere between a week to a month.

Her wishes are very clear; "No fucking funeral, and no fucking mention that I have died! Not even in the goddamn paper!"

She has Lymphoma and has refused palliative care. This puzzles me. Why suffer if you don't have to? Another thing that puzzles me is why she waited so long to see a physician. She started having symptoms a few months ago, and why she did not make an appointment earlier I will never know.

She has stopped all communication with my family. This I find to be pretty hurtful, but I guess I'll get over it eventually.

The moral of the story is to love your grandma's, even if they make crazy demands/wishes. Grandma (when you read this from the beyond) I want you to know that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.