Monday, March 2, 2009

Life: The ultimate joke!

No one is completely empathic. We only have the unique ability to see the world through the eyes of the tragic/romantic/anti/etc heroes that we are. We are able (to some degree), sympathize with someone else's misery however, it is short lived. Soon we are back to seeing the world through one way glass.

Funny how the choices you make to better yourself hurt someone else isn't it? Just another cruel joke in the string of unfair and most of the time unfunny jokes we lovingly refer to as life. The punchline to it all of course being death. Sad? Perhaps, but definitely something to keep in mind.

Friends are the same way as life. You meet each other, and for a brief moment get caught up in the maniacal laughter, the blaring lights, and the feeling of true being understood! It's yet another joke. Everyone has the same emotional range. We know exactly how someone is feeling when they tell us about their problems. The punchline to this joke is one of my personal favorites: "We have all been there". It mirrors and enhances the joke, don't you think?

The meaning of life has come down to a game of who can fuck who the fastest. We (collectively, not individually), have put away our true natures of love and forgiveness in order to prosper from others misery. A sad state indeed for this lowly race. Sure we let some people see that glimmer of hope we have inside of us, yet for the most part we don't want to risk the safety of false appearances and fake emotion in case we get hurt. We save lives to justify the fact that we take them through abortion. I may not be pro life, but even I can see the irony in this!

There is an old saying I sure you have heard about 204, 739 times in your life. 'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'. Now I view this phrase a little differently than I'm sure most of you out there. I don't see it as a tactic to get back at someone that wronged you somehow. Instead I read it as something Jesus would have said. A kind of one liner parable. I think it means more to forgive those that have wronged you, rather then taking vengeance. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am since it's this new thing I have recently found called an opinion. They never lie, but they are highly subjective.

-A. Warren Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.