Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Serving God: Part 3

The gates opened up and A’doces entered, then motioned for me to follow. I saw Heaven, and it was vast. The golden skyscrapers towered over the city. It then occurred to me that I was the only one present at the gates of Heaven, a strange thought, but since people die every minute or so, I assumed that there would be at least eight-thousand people or so waiting in a line. I looked around and saw the golden brick walls that outlined the city had gates roughly every twenty feet. Oddly enough, this is the reason they are called the pearly gates.

I looked around more. A’doces seemed to always be three feet ahead of me, he sort of drifted rather than walked. I noticed that most of the door ways had small crowds blocking them, yet the people who wanted to get through (either in or out) had no problems pushing past the people that crowded the door ways.

After walking about half a mile A’doces stopped in front of a work in progress. “What is this place?” I questioned. A’doces told me that this is where I would be working. “What? Where? You mean actually building on to this structure or inside it?”

“Everybody serves. It builds and structures our society here.” A’doces stated. His smile beamed on. A man who looked as if he would have been rough in the material world came up to us. His features smoothed out by the ethereal realm.

The man spoke, “Just what we need, another one.”

“Another what?” I replied. My confusion was mixed with subtle anger. This puzzled me as I had always thought that Heaven was supposed to be free of any sort stress. He answered, “Another log on the fire.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.