Monday, January 25, 2010

Serving God: Part 2

Thoughts like these littered my mind. I had a particular habit to walk with my head down, and I was doing this as I drew nearer to the gates. I didn’t realize, at first, that I was coming to the gates. In fact, my first sign that I was heading towards them was the shadow cast on the road in front of me.

I looked up, they peaked high in a rounded curve that evened out with the golden brick walls on either side. The gates were narrow, and only took up three feet in the middle of the road. The brick walls filled the rest of the road, but the fog remained constant and I could not see anything further then the road.

“Quite a sight, isn’t it?” A voice said to me. “Yes, it is . . .” I replied as I looked around. Suddenly a winged figure appeared. It was descending down the front of the gates. It’s wing span was twice the length of it’s body! It touched down and I realized that it was not an it, but an angel!

“Are you Michael?” I asked, to which the angel replied, “No. Michael is away on vacation. I am A’doces.”

I nodded, but found that this was the first moment that I realized that I was dead. “Vacation?” I questioned, then continued, “But I thought angel’s only existed to serve.”

“In Heaven, everyone serves.” A’doces stated.

“Well what happens now?” I asked.

A’doces smiled, then said, “You put your love in labour and fully to God’s will.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.