Friday, June 22, 2012

Part of Your World


Only $1.99 per minute
(additional charges may apply),
must be 18 or older.

And most people don't read the terms
and/or conditions,
the fine print is always the same,
you're fucked one way or another.

Financially, or just physically
this is what happens,
and there is no happily ever-afters.

The 1-800 numbers now defunct,
for the stream-line, online,
while people meet their pictures
and meaningless words.

The disconnect in a city
of 80,000.
Walking around, texting
because it's faster
than talking.
Blame the technology
all you want,
but you're the one using.

Pay me in words, for the walking
while I drink my coffee
on a bench
well after you've gone.

And once more,
the connotations are implicit,
even in my dreams,
I am alone,
until next we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.