Tuesday, July 3, 2012

8-Bit Memories

My Famicom, replayed
Classic Concentration,
and other stories I remember
from a time unlike today.

Distilled Family Feuds
at some point in the 90s
still has an effect now,
and still they don't talk.


Thank God, I'm a child of
divorce, and pretty much
alone, save for the 3 steps
and 1 half.


I learned to use
my thumbs on my Famicom,
that are now squared from
my phone; a Galaxy Gio (well after Ford).


And still, I am pretty much
alone
with the internet, 
and instant access.


But these thoughts,
they don't really connect,
unless I buy calling cards.


Back in 2010, my GM died,
while years before she
put away her black doll liquor, and also was
alone.


The one I own now requires cards.
Connecting better than my thoughts,
as it replays the late 80s,
and the instant networks assure me
I am less alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is tolerated, not endorsed. Please proceed with caution. Message paid for by the Government of Canada.